Who can apply?
Funds will be dedicated to providing scholarships to current, returning, and potential students from the impacted counties who have continued their education at Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi, stopped-out/withdrawn from one of the Texas A&M University System universities, or have delayed pursuing their education (admitted prior to Harvey but did not attend due to the storm).
- Eligibility: To be eligible for such assistance, the student (graduate or undergraduate) must
- Be a current student impacted by Hurricane Harvey and enrolled at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, OR
- Be a student who dropped-out/withdrew from one of the five TAMU System universities as a result of Hurricane Harvey and have not yet subsequently reenrolled; OR
- Be a student who was admitted to one of these universities beginning in the fall 2017 semester but did not attend due to the effects of Hurricane Harvey.
- Academic Eligibility: Student must have a minimum cumulative GPA:
- 2.0 for undergraduate
- 3.0 for graduate and doctoral students
- Eligible use of funds:
- tuition & fees, textbooks & supplies, room & board , and general living expenses.
- Scholarship/aid amount: The amount of aid per student will be determined on the basis of need.
- Scholarship and aid awards will be based on the need presented by the student and tempered by other needs present in the university. No student may receive more than $2,500 in a semester and no student may receive more than $5,000 total in the life of the grant. Awards will range from $500 to $2,500.
The beneficiaries targeted in this program will be:
- Currently enrolled Texas A&M-Corpus Christi students impacted by Hurricane Harvey,
- students who stopped-out/withdrew from of 1 of the 5 included A&M System universities (Texas A&M University, Texas A&M University at Galveston, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Prairie View A&M University) as a result of Harvey and have not yet subsequently reenrolled, and
- students who were admitted at one of these universities for the fall 2017 semester but did not attend due to the effects of Hurricane Harvey.